~Sigh~ Isn’t it lovely? Let me tell you, it’s breaking my heart to not be able to join the Hazel Knits Sock Club for the next round. I had a whole year or so of yummy yarny goodness and now I have to call it quits. That no workin’ thing kinda cramps the yarn buyin’ style if you know what I mean. Realistically though, I have enough sock yarn to knit at least 40 pairs of socks already. And that’s a way conservative estimate. So I need to just go ahead and use it up, otherwise it’s just hanging out taking up space. I’m really going to miss Wendee’s sock club though. I haven’t exactly been around the block when it comes to sock clubs, but Wendee’s was truly perfect. Each shipment came beautifully packaged, with a lovely little pamphlet through which Wendee would share a recipe, some thoughts on her inspiration for the month’s colors, and other little tidbits to give you a peek into her creative and exciting world. Usually there’s some cool indie swag too and then, well, that drool-worthy yarn. On top of that, Wendee is the sweetest person you could ever hope to meet (and we still haven’t met yet)! Maybe someday in the future I can join up again, but for now I’m going to have to say goodbye. Sniff, sniff…..
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Friday Fill-In #159
(get yours here)
1. The lesson I learned yesterday was waiting to put your honeymoon photos (from 5 years ago) into a photo album can really put a damper on deciphering where exactly your photos were taken & just what the heck you were doing at the time.
2. Big life events are the crossroads where friends and family meet.
3. All these years I’ve longed to be able to look at someone and see a resemblance. Pretty soon I’ll get to do that!
4. My dog was waiting for me, soaking wet, when I arrived.
5. The truth is I kinda like staying at home.
6. The doctor saying “I’m sorry” is what I remember most from that day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to eating a good steak with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include meeting Troy to talk about baby shower stuff and Sunday, I want to knit for a while (that Baby Chalice blankie is kicking my butt)!
Have a beautiful weekend bloggy peeps!