Casa de Knittymuggins is kinda hectic right now. And let me tell you. It’s damaging my calm. Where’s Buddha for a little zen pick-me-up when you need him? Here’s the happs that have me all abuzz…..
- Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Knitalong hosted by Kasia and me began September 1. So far, all I’ve managed to do is swatch. I am actually considering knitting this as the pattern is written, despite it being easily converted to circular knitting by most members of the group. I’ve never made a seamed sweater and this seems like the perfect hybrid (the yoke is knit in the round). There are so many lovely seamed patterns out there and I think I need to give one a try so I won’t continue to feel so intimidated by them.
- I am working steadily on Stefanie’s Petal pattern for her testlab. I have separated the sleeves and done a portion of the body, but still have some ways to go. This is the one I feel most stressed about right now because it’s been a week and a half or so and I’m getting close to her deadline. I’d really like to finish it on time for her. Still haven’t had the chance to contact her and find out how much I’m allowed to post about it.
- Sock It To Me Sock Swap – This is the second thing I’m most stressed about. I have 1 sock of 4 finished with a due date of October. I ended up being an angel for someone whose partner flaked out so there’s extra pressure to make another pair of socks even though my second partner knows it may take me some extra time to finish these for her. I’d like to just get these done so that I can feel good about having them done on time.
- Christmas Around the World Knitter’s Swap – This is the swap that Kasia and I are hosting together. We are still messing around with memberships and now have to get everything evened out and questionnaires checked so that we can make matches. Once the matches are made, I hope things will require a bit less maintenance. Right now it’s keeping me a bit busier than I’d like.
- Mirepoix Bodice Knitalong – This is a KAL co-hosted by Robin and me with a start date of October 1. I’m a bit nervous about this one as there’s a lot of stuff I’m going to learn during this one. It’s exciting, but a little scary. Steeks, colorwork, all sorts of craziness. It’s a great sweater though. I want to knit the body in red instead of green so I’m still pondering what colors I want for the rest of the pattern.
Whew! Maybe it doesn’t sound like much to you, but it feels like a lot to me! And you know what’s sad? This list is actually abridged. I guess I’d better quit bellyaching about it and go ahead and start some knitting. I’ll leave you with a pic of sock #1 for the swap, all knit up.