This morning I knocked out a bit of my Christmas shopping while R. Darling was out testing a new kayak. It’s horribly dark and rainy outside, and I have no idea what could possibly be so interesting about sitting in a little tippy boat out there getting drenched. But that’s fanaticism for ya. And I seem to remember myself, freezing my ass off in my kayak last January on a snowy river anyway, so I guess I don’t have room to talk.
Anyhoo, back to the shopping. On a day like today, it’s good to be in a place where it’s warm and things smell good, even if everyone has to walk about 3 mph slower than you want to walk and obliviously amble along in front of you blocking every possible route around them. But what’s this? Much to my wondering eyes appeared a little yarny vision in the window of The Gap. My thoughts raced back to my stash busting plans for the upcoming year. This would be the ultimate scrap scarf! So, rather surreptitiously, fearing I might be hauled off for taking photos of proprietary fashion at the mall, I snapped a quick photo. What do you think? I loves it. Now, just to figure out how to make it! Oh and what is up with Abercrombie & Fitch anyway? I didn’t even go in there but for some reason I keep catching whiffs of myself and I smell like the prepster teenagers who shop there. Mall osmosis? Yikes – what’s next?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Friday Fill-In #102
(get yours here)
1. Friends, really true ones, are one in a million.
2. Good health; it’s so easy to take for granted.
3. I’m ready for a weekend without any running around to do (2010?).
4. Hillary Duff’s “With Love” is one of my favorite perfumes.
5. The oldest ornament I have is probably the ceramic Ernie I’ve had since I was about 4.
6. Take some cocoa & Bailey’s, mix it all together and you have one of the best holiday treats evah!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to decorating the Christmas tree with R. Darling, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in, and Sunday, I want to knit knit knit!
Happy Holidays Bloggy Peeps!!