A couple weekends ago Miami and I took a day trip to Seattle. We had “noods” (Miami’s name for noodles) at Uwajimaya’s, poked around the Kinokuniya Bookstore for a long time, and goggled at all the asian produce. I also tasted my very first bubble tea as evidenced by the photo above. Can you tell that I just threw up a little? Sorry all you bubble tea lovers out there, but I have to say, this is just about the grossest thing I’ve tasted in a long time. Those “pearls” are just so wrong on so many levels. Imagine not-so-delicious gummy bears that taste like absolutely nothing, but yet somehow find a way to be vile flavored, being sucked up into your unsuspecting mouth while you are casually sipping a tasty pineapple slushy. Quite the nasty surprise. But now I finally know what all the fuss is about.
It’s been quiet here at the bloggy because I’ve been doing 2-a-days with the workout program. I run a couple miles on the treadmill in the morning and then ride my bike with R. Darling while he runs in the evenings. It’s not every day, but it does take a lot out of me and I never seem to have enough time during the day to do everything that I usually do. So, the blog languishes. But this weekend R. Darling is taking me on a secrety squirrel surprise getaway so I will hopefully have some fun things to share when we get back. I know there is a massage and creatures involved (but not at the same time, cause that’s not how we roll). I’m SO looking forward to this. I sorely need a vacation but we just won’t be able to go on one until much later this year. This will be a nice substitute. Thanks honey!
And since I’ll be gone, I’ll leave this for you before I head out of town tomorrow:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Friday Fill-In #128
(get yours here)
1. I grew up thinking I would never live in my hometown. Just look at me now!
2. Ravelry was the last website I was at before coming here.
3. Why don’t you be good to yourself today?
4. Massages helps me relax.
5. Thanks for the support here at the bloggy! All of your kind comments really keep me going :)
6. Rudeness is very off-putting.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight (Thursday)I’m looking forward to going to bed early, tomorrow (Friday) my plans include riding my bike with R. Darling for about 8 miles while he runs, and getting out of town for our secrety squirrel trip, Saturday I want to enjoy my massage and Sunday, I want to spend some more time with my hubby!
Have a wonderful weekend bloggy peeps! I’ll be back with knitting news soon ;)