I’m feeling fickle. See, I still wasn’t sure about that BSJ I started. I had originally planned to use some pretty blue Artyarns Supermerino from my stash and when I didn’t have enough I bought 2 more hanks from someone destashing on Ravelry. If you remember, I’m allowed to buy it if I need it for a project & someone is destashing it, so we’re still good here with working from stash. But before I received the 2 extra hanks I started to wind my first hank to get started and I decided it wasn’t looking stripey enough for the BSJ I was envisioning. So I got started with the Needful Yarns Darling instead. But lets be real here. It was starting to look like something a cat barfed up and R. Darling was keeping suspiciously mum about it, so when I received my destash supermerino and saw it was a completely (much lighter) dye lot than what I had in my stash, I saw striping potential and decided to cut my losses. Who knows what the cat barf yarn will turn out to be, probably some kind of cat barf sweater, but for now my baby boy is getting a beautiful blue BSJ.
And just in time for the weekend……
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Friday Fill-In #174
(get yours here)
1. I was always unsure about kids and marriage. Now I think I know how I feel :)
2. I don’ t have much time to read anymore and I left my book on the coffee table just in case I could sneak a few pages in between chores.
3. Why did I wake up disoriented the other night, sure that I had forgotten the baby in his bassinet in the living room?
4. The giant list of things I need to do and don’t have much time for was in my thoughts today.
5. One of my father’s favorite sayings was “Don’t take any wooden nickels!”
6. Worn out — I know that feeling!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to knitting a few rows on my BSJ, tomorrow my plans include spending some extra time with R. Darling (he’s been working too much lately) and Sunday, I want to maybe do a few things in my garden!
I’m not very entertaining these days, but there you have it!
BTW: Why do I always miss out on all the fun stuff? Did you know it was Knitting & Crochet Blog Week??? Such a great idea. Well, it’s too late for me this year, but maybe next year I’ll try to participate. Hope those of you that did had fun with it and have a wonderful weekend everyone!